Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Goals... Near and Far

Where I'm at and where I'm going...

I am really eager to get back in the classroom as a teacher! Currently I am a SPED Instructional Assistant (at Inza R. Wood Middle School in Wilsonville, OR) while I'm working towards earning my MSEd:Information Technology degree. Without a masters degree, I have reached a roadblock in my career!

While I have a license to teach Basic Math at the high school level, I am looking to add the middle level endorsement in hopes of opening new doors. In fact, I'll be on campus at Western Oregon University taking a test, the ORELA, next weekend. After I pass this test, I will be able to teach middle school/junior high as well as high school level math.

Once I obtain a full-time teaching position, I plan to incorporate technology into my math class. I'm eager to work with a Smartboard (or other interactive board), but I'd be happy with a Document Cam-- although I'm not opposed to an old-school overhead projector! My main goal is to enhance learning, motivate students, and ignite a desire to learn mathematics. I want more students to see how fun math can be!

My So-Called Bucket List:
  • Experience child-birth (start a family)
  • Buy a house
  • Travel to Europe (Germany, Italy, France... I've already been to Ireland!)
  • Go skydiving/hang-gliding
  • Travel to all 50 states
  • Buy a new car
  • Add Advanced Math endorsement to my teaching license
  • Be a Photographer for a hobby
  • Travel to a Rain Forest (more than likely the one in WA, not the Amazon)
  • Be an accomplished teacher-- maybe nominated for Teacher of the Year Award
  • Make a difference in the lives of those I'm around
  • Go scubadiving
  • Do wild, crazy activities that are dangerous, but worth it!

A kind of sappy goal of mine is... to love my husband more than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow, to keep building a solid foundation in our marriage where close communication with each other and the Lord is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment