Monday, April 30, 2012

Web-based Tutorials

I have recently been exposed to some really cool freeware for making web-based tutorials.

Sliderocket is similar to a Powerpoint presentation in its design, however it is web-based and can be viewed only over the internet. One feature I found useful, that Powerpoint lacks, is the ability to embed videos right into the presentation without having to hyperlink them. See how I incorporated two videos into my presentation on the Angle Sum of Polygons. The animation features and template backgrounds vary in style. I found this program to be very user-friendly, and the best part is it's FREE!

Flikr is a great tool for sharing photos. As an educator, this site can be used for many purposes. For educational purposes, I used Flikr to add annotations to a photo/diagram to show the relationship between various quadrilaterals (Quadrilateral Family Tree).

Screen-o-matic is another useful application to have in your back pocket! It allows you to capture (record) what images are on your computer screen. For instance, it could be used to walk students through the process or demonstrate how to do anything computer-related. I used this program strictly to transform a Powerpoint presentation on Polygonal Shaped Structures into a video; a format that could easily be uploaded to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment